ATAS is a certificate issued by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO), which gives you security clearance to study certain postgraduate programmes at 城市，十大靠谱网赌平台.
Non-EEA students who choose to study certain subjects at MSc or MEng or PhD level in the UK have to apply for and receive clearance under the Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) regardless of if they are required to apply for a Student visa or not.
Students who are nationals of the following countries do not require an ATAS certificate:
- EU countries
- New Zealand
- South Korea
Courses requiring an ATAS certificate
The following courses at 城市，十大靠谱网赌平台 require an ATAS certificate.
Undergraduate programmes leading to integrated postgraduate qualifications:
- Air Transport Management and Safety
- Energy Engineering
- Internal Combustion
- Civil Engineering
- Applied Physics
- Control Engineering
- Control Theory
- Computer Science
- Creativity Science.
Courses on these lists are subject to change, so you should always check if you need an ATAS through the UK Government website.
You should apply online for an ATAS certificate. The process is free.
Applicants typically need the following details when applying:
- Contact details
- Passport details
- Name and nationality of your spouse/partner (if applicable)
- Details of your previous/current employment (if applicable)
- The programme of study you are applying to follow in the UK (including the appropriate CAH3 code- this should be included in your CAS statement
- If you are doing a taught Masters course, you will need details of the optional modules you anticipate taking
- 如果你在做一个研究项目, you will need to include a brief summary of your research proposal - this should be agreed with your supervisor
- Names and contact details of two referees, whom you must have known for at least three years
- How you will be funding your studies
- Previous ATAS applications (if applicable).
it takes approximately 20 working days from the date of application for an ATAS certificate to be issued, 尽管是在六月, July, August and September ATAS is extremely busy and this process can take as long as 30 working days.