Once you decide to search for private sector housing, it’s important to take some time to plan what you are going to do and how you are going to do it.
Living in your own house will open a whole new world of experiences. You'll now be able to keep your house how you want it, without hassle from cleaners and resident staff and 安全.
There are a variety of reasons why students may choose to stay in a private house or a flat. Some of the benefits of living in a privately rented accommodation are:
- 你可以选择和谁一起生活, which is ideal if you're part of a group of friends wanting to stay together
- You can choose your own accommodation depending on your budget, with some private sector accommodation being a cheaper option than some halls of residence
- You can choose your own location, either closer to or further away from the City campus
- You can have unlimited friends and family visit or stay over.
在决定和谁住在一起之前, you should think carefully about exactly what you are looking for:
- Decide whether you wish to live alone or with others
- Decide how much time you're willing to spend commuting to City
- Remember the variations in rent levels that depend on location and the property's facilities
- Allow for bills (gas, electricity, water and internet) within your budgeting
- Consider what your transport routes to City will be and how much this might cost you.
The student housing market is a fast paced environment with students from different institutions competing for the most affordable and modern properties during the busy summer periods.
成本, location and standard of student accommodation can vary considerably, 所以在你开始看之前先决定你的优先事项. 你的决定可能会受到很多因素的影响, 例如成本, 安全, 交通便利，靠近校园.
在绝大多数情况下, private accommodation in 伦敦 is only advertised a few weeks prior to it becoming available. If you are intending to move into a property at the beginning of September, 你需要在8月份开始寻找.
伦敦 is big and exciting, but finding the right place to live in 伦敦 can be difficult. Accommodation can be expensive but 伦敦's size and diversity means there are plenty of suitable flats and houses students can rent.
The areas listed below are popular with many 城市，十大靠谱网赌平台 students:
- 伊斯灵顿区(天使, 拱门, 位于, 安装, 海布里, 霍洛威学院, 国王十字站, 纽因顿绿, 卡姆登)
- 哈克尼区/陶尔哈姆莱茨区(肖尔迪奇区, 霍克顿, Haggerston, 首页rton, 克拉普顿, 集体归属感, 斯托克纽因顿, 贝斯纳绿地, 弓, 莱姆豪斯, 并, 白教堂)
- 萨瑟克区/兰伯斯区(行政区, Walworth, 柏孟塞, 坎伯威尔, 达利奇, Peckham黑麦, Nunhead, 克拉珀姆, 斯托克, 沃克斯豪尔, 滑铁卢)
- Borough of Haringey (Tottenham, Turnpike, Wood Green)
- Borough of Newham (Beckton, Canning Town, East Ham, Stratford, Upton Park, West Ham).
The Greater 伦敦 Authority offers detailed information about the 伦敦地区和预期租金 哪些可以帮助你缩小选择范围.
The next step is to find a property you're interested in and arrange a viewing - where you are given a guided tour of the property to see what it's like and ask any questions. Viewing private accommodation before signing any legal agreements is very important and strongly advised.
Common types of private accommodation you might find in 伦敦 are:
- 合租房子:顾名思义, this is the rental of a room within a shared house of other students or tenants. It's important to choose your housemates wisely as you may be sharing responsibilities and spending some time together
- Studio: this is self-contained accommodation with private kitchen, 生活区和浴室设施. Studio apartments tend to have restricted floor space, so you may need to decide what things you need in your flat with you
- One-bedroom flat: unlike studios, these have a separate bedroom and often a separate kitchen. These are suitable for a couple, as they can be fairly expensive for one person
- Room only (and en suite): for those on a restricted budget, this is a bedroom with the most basic facilities - usually with access to a bathroom only as part of a shared house (or en suite in the case of having a private bathroom)
- 卧室:类似于只在房间内布置, though generally including a kitchen area within your room.
If you're viewing properties in 伦敦 the following three items are essential:
- A travel card covering the zones in which you will be travelling
Travel cards can be purchased from any 伦敦 Underground station. You find pay-as-you-go sim cards for mobile phones from phone shops and some larger supermarkets.
当您查看属性时, pay attention to the general condition of the building to see whether the landlord has looked after the property. Ask any questions you may have and think about whether you would feel safe walking home through the area at night.
Don't feel pressurised into signing anything immediately. Go away after your viewing, take time to think about it and arrange another visit if necessary.