The Start-up visa is aimed at recent graduates and alumni who have successfully completed a UK degree programme and want to develop their ideas and entrepreneurial skills by creating an innovative, 在英国可行和可扩展的业务.
City, University of London is authorised to endorse selected recent City graduates for a Start-up visa allowing them to start a business and remain in the UK.
The Start-up visa at City is aimed at early-stage ventures from high potential entrepreneurs looking to start a business in the UK for the first time. This visa offers a one off, two-year visa permit, 在此期间，申请人将能够在英国发展和注册他们的企业.
In order to be granted this visa recent graduates and alumni need to apply for an endorsement from City, University of London.
The application process assesses the business idea and ensures that it meets the Home Office criteria, that it is a genuine and credible business that meets the entrepreneurial principles of innovation, viability and scalability.
这个过程还会评估其严格程度, realistic and viable each business plan is but also evaluates why the business needs to be established in the UK and how the business will contribute to the UK economy.
Who Can Apply?
要符合申请资格，你必须符合 Home Office and be a recent graduate of an undergraduate or postgraduate course at City from one of the following three categories:
- 在2020/21学年完成您的课程(i.e. 2021年7月或2022年1月毕业)
- 在2019/20学年完成您的课程(i.e. 2020年7月或2021年1月毕业)
- 在2018/19学年完成您的课程(i.e. 2019年7月或2020年1月毕业).
Students currently in their final year of an undergraduate or postgraduate course and graduating in the 2021/22 academic year will need to apply for the subsequent allocation of Start-up visa endorsements. 更多信息通常在6月提供，7 / 8月开始申请.
- Any students, recent graduates or alumni issued a Start-up visa endorsement must have applied for and started the visa application before the 31st January 2022
- Any students, recent graduates or alumni who failed to apply for the visa by the above date will no longer be eligible for a new endorsement from the University and cannot reapply
Who Can't Apply?
如果你有兴趣应用它，建议你给你的想法一个测试运行, 参加CityVentures团队组织的活动(创业节), Seminars, CitySpark, etc.). These events are designed to help you perfect your idea throughout the academic year and strengthen your application when the Start-up visa application process is open.
Before you start your application and so you can familiarise yourself with the first stage of the process, we advise that you check an example of a good application here. 另外，请务必阅读 detailed Terms & Conditions here.
Additionally, we would strongly recommend that you get in contact with a member of our team to talk through your business idea to see if we can help you develop it. You can book a start-up surgery here or simply email us on CityVentures@ssd0183.com.
Written application stage
We want you to demonstrate, in writing, that you have made as much progress as possible with your business idea (under your current visa).
As such, 十大靠谱网赌平台希望你用具体的例子来证明想法的有效性, value proposition, market research and segmentation, business plan, marketing and financial strategy, etc. 如果你不确定这些条款，请参考上面提到的电子书之一.
Previously successful applicants have shown examples of traction by identifying a clear product / service / market fit in which their business venture met early adopters, gathered feedback and gauged interest by getting that first wave of users to validate their idea.
其他牵引力的例子包括完成早期的市场营销活动(通讯), events, signups), 产生网络流量(活跃用户和注册用户), coordinating surveys and events, creating an MVP or prototypes, 与潜在客户接触，并与其他服务和产品合作.
- Innovative – a genuine, original business plan that meets new or existing market needs and/or creates a competitive advantage
- Viable – you have the necessary skills, knowledge, 具备成功经营上述业务的经验和市场意识
- Scalable -结构化的规划，创造就业和增长的潜力.
All applications will be reviewed by the CityVentures team and successful applicants will be invited to the next stage which will include a pitch and interview.
Pitch and interview stage
Shortlisted applications will be invited to pitch and discuss their business idea in front of a panel (panel includes a selection of academic staff and / or external associates with a background in entrepreneurship). The panel will also confirm the pitch and interview format – in person or online – with further details to be available to shortlisted applicants.
- 所有来自曼城的成功代言, University of London will additionally need the approval and endorsement from the Home Office to receive the Start-up visa
|2nd July||书面申请阶段开始-申请表格将会提供 here.|
|30th July, 1pm UK time||截止日期-书面申请阶段截止.|
|2nd – 4th August||Internal review.|
|9th – 11th August||Pitch and interview stage.|
|13th August||Notification of outcomes, successful applications will be endorsed by the University; final year students will need to be awarded their degrees before they can be endorsed.|
After being endorsed
- Each Start-up visa is granted for a maximum of two consecutive years and provided there is satisfactory progress on the business
- Each Start-up visa is granted on the basis of your business idea and your business as specified on the application form
- You are required to apply for the visa and start the visa application before the 31st of January 2022
- If applying from outside of the UK you are required to arrive in the UK within one month of having been granted the visa and make contact with the CityVentures team to confirm your arrival and provide a copy of your passport and visa
- You will be assessed by the University at agreed upon contact points during the period of your endorsement and provide quarterly progress reports
- 您的业务位置没有限制，但您应该主要基于, establish, develop and operate in the UK
- There are no restrictions on the number of hours that you may work (for another employer) however your main focus should be your business – this will be evaluated as part of the application and monitoring process i.e. 你的商业想法的进展必须用证据来证明
- 如果您更改了姓名，您必须更新CityVentures团队和签证合规团队, change contact details, 得到一个新的护照, leave the UK for an extended period of time (no longer than 6 weeks) or switch into a different visa route.
Failure to meet the above requirements will lead to your endorsement being withdrawn and your visa being cancelled.