Would you like to use your experience 和 knowledge to help a current student develop their skills 和 sense of purpose?
新的Mentor应用程序现在已经关闭. 请填写兴趣表达表, 和 we will be in touch with you once the applications are live again in summer 2022.
City's Mentoring Scheme offers professionals the opportunity to impart knowledge, 分享经验, inspire 和 guide our students through a six month one-to-one mentoring relationship.
The scheme exists as a developmental element of the student journey at City by offering engagement with professionals that can unlock potential 和 enhance employability. By volunteering your time as a mentor you are offering City students a pivotal bridge between academic learning 和 insight in to industry.
Since 2008 the scheme has successfully delivered over 5,000 mentoring relationships between professionals 和 City students. On average the scheme brokers 400 mentoring pairs per annum.
十大靠谱网赌平台的导师中有71%是金融城校友, 13 per cent City staff 和 16 per cent referred to the scheme or recruited by staff, we engage a diverse range of professionals who invest their time in mentoring our 2nd 和 3rd year 本科s 和 Master students.
An average of 80-85 per cent of mentees year-on-year agree that having a mentor had a direct impact on their employability 和 median responses from a variety of cohorts show that 78 per cent of mentees felt that they were more employable after the mentoring process.
We have two waves of participation: November to May 和 March to August.
Mentors will select a str和 to participate: November or March. All new mentors accepted on to the scheme must undergo compulsory training offered during our str和 recruitment periods. This is to equip you with information 和 guidance on how to use your expertise 和 knowledge to effectively support to your mentee.
We encourage mentee applications from 本科s 和 Masters students on all courses. A list of the courses on offer at City may be found on the 本科 和 研究生 课程网页. 学生 are subject to a competitive application process 和 undergo an interview 和 training session before final selection.
- 学生 from non-traditional academic backgrounds
- 学生 with drive 和 ambition but a lack of knowledge on how to pursue their dreams
- 学生 unsure of what path their qualification may lead to
- 学生 that demonstrate need for developmental guidance
- Masters students seeking to pursue a new career direction
- 学生 who may already be work-ready but seek to finesse their employability
- 国际 students seeking guidance on industry-specific UK recruitment practices
- 学生 who struggle with professional communication skills.
To be an effective 和 engaged mentor it is crucial that you have enough time to dedicate to the programme. Our existing mentors guarantee our mentees a time commitment of 1 to 2 hours every 2 to 4 weeks.
- You will have a minimum of three years of professional work experience
- You may be supporting, advising 和 guiding a student who demonstrates sustained lack of clarity
- You will be reviewing CVs 和 assessing the mentee's ability to perform well in an interview
- You may be helping to build a student's confidence in themselves 和 their abilities
- You may be developing your mentee's networking skills
- You may be assisting your mentee in developing awareness of different career paths 和 options
- We recommend at least one mentoring meeting at your place of work if possible but alternative venues are acceptable
- We ask you to attend an Introduction Evening where you will meet your mentee for the first time 和 we encourage you to get involved in ad hoc group activities if possible
- Scheme-specific training to support your mentoring journey with top-up sessions available throughout the scheme lifecycle
- An opportunity to help a student starting out or embarking on a career change
- For City staff: an alternative form of engagement with our student population
- Develop as an individual professionally 和 personally.
Many mentors who volunteer on the scheme have found the experience beyond rewarding. It has the potential to impact on 和 changes lives in profound ways.